COURSE INFORMATIONThis is a supported college course aimed at candidates with additional support needs who have already completed Next Steps: Skills for Life at Fife College. This course gives the opportunity to build confidence, develop personal and social skills, and maintain/improve skills previously learned at school. It is contextualised to incorporate the Essential Skills identified within the Curriculum for Excellence framework and offers a broad variety of vocational areas, enabling you to make more informed choices on your future pathway. You will study ASDAN units and ALT award.
- One year, full time.
Topics can include:
- Developing Communications
- Developing Numeracy
- Using ICT
- Making Pictures
- Sound Rhythm and Music Sport
- Leisure Performing Arts
You will also learn skills that will support your personal development and help toward taking your next step in life.
- Successful completion of Next Steps Skills for Life.
- Positive ILR and Positive Transition form from school. 65% school attendance.
- For those that don't attend through SCP course, a skills assessment will be required as part of an interview process.
- Personal Development Award - SCQF Level 2 (proposed).
- Supported Employment/Voluntary Sector.
- Online application, information session.
- Skills assessment and interview for online applicants.