This course is designed to give delegates an insight into some of the causes of Anaphylaxis and equip them with the skills to treat someone who has had a reaction. The training ensures that delegates are aware of the risks inherent in the condition and how to respond in an emergency situation.
Delegates will be continually assessed throughout the course which will consist of theory, group discussions and practical sessions whereby training will be given on how to effectively administer the EpiPen Auto-Injector and carry out life saving techniques (CPR). There will also be a short multiple-choice test at the end of the course which will be certified by the College and will cover you for 3 years.
- You will be able to recognise the condition and give life-saving treatment
- 3 hours
- Kirkcaldy Campus
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the effects of an allergic reaction
- Recognise the causes and how to treat an Anaphylactic reaction
- Administer the EpiPen Auto-Injector
- Perform life saving techniques for Adult / Child / Baby (CPR)
- Place casualty into the Recovery Position
- No prior knowledge is required by delegates
- £75 per person