This BINDT approved course provides the theory to meet the requirements of PCN for the Level 2 radiation safety endorsement. It also complies with the recommendations of the National Radiological Protection Board.
Unfortunately, due to the current public health situation, we are not able to offer any NDT training until November 2020.
- Three days
- Glenrothes Campus
Course content includes:
- Basic physics of ionising radiation
- Effects of radiation
- Personal monitoring
- The requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999
- Setting up of barriers, shielding, local rules, arrangements for emergency situations
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the nature of ionising radiation and its harmful effect
- Calculate safe working distances with or without shielding
- Understand the requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 1999 with regard to personnel, barriers, contingency arrangements, etc.
- PCN Examinations are available on demand
- Fife College NDT Centre complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 for the provision of training and examination of NDT Personnel
- This course is suitable for any person involved in the use of ionising radiations, practical radiographers, supervisors, etc.
- All delegates wishing to take a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL 44
- This price does not include exam and levy fees