This course will take into consideration practical hand skills required for industry employment in a construction site environment.
There is an opportunity to participate in a work placement while not in college. All assessment will take place in a college environment during the 13 hours that you will be expected to attend. Further work will be required for approximately 2 hours per week. This course is suited to candidates with industry experience looking to gain a formal qualification.
- Practical hand skills
- A knowledge of the industry practices and Health & Safety
- This course is timetabled 2 days per week and will be completed in one year. You will be offered the option of a work placement at CR Smith.
- Health & safety
- Principles of building construction
- Information and communication
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames
- partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw, also we will cover ICT communications, maths, Working with other and problem solving
- Ideally you will have some industry experience but can be accepted if you have relevant qualifications from previous construction related courses.
- Modern Apprenticeship Carpentry & Joinery
- PDA in a Construction Skills area level 6 or NC Furniture Design
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Applications and interviews / references
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.