The content of this free qualification has been designed to give you the knowledge and skills required to work safely on Electric/Hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities (not voltage components or systems). This may include vehicles that may have or have had damage to their high energy/electrical system.
It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge of:
- Electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- Safely preparing the vehicle when carrying out routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle (NOT high voltage components or systems).
- 2 full days in-person attendance at Glenrothes campus - 16th and 17th November 2021.
- This Award-sized qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which, in addition to complementing any current industry qualifications and experience, will enable you to continue to work safely within your role.
- Assessment for this course is an online 60 minute multiple choice assessment with a 60% pass mark.
- Experience at technician level in the vehicle maintenance and repair industry.
- IMI Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement.
- Qualification and work on high voltage systems associated with Electric / Hybrid vehicles.
- Online application.