The course introduces you to an advanced range of computational processes and helps develop aspects of computational thinking. You will also gain an awareness of the important role that computing plays.
Computing reaches just about everything that we do every day. This Higher puts you on the path of being someone who shapes our new digital world instead of being a passive consumer of what others decide that you get. There are demands locally, nationally, and internationally for employees with the skills and knowledge that this course develops.
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Analytical skills
- Numeracy skills
- Information and communication technology (ICT)
- Employability, enterprise and citizenship
- Software development skills
- You should have achieved National 5 Computing Science or equivalent and/or have previous experience prior to starting this course
Further qualifications in computing science or related areas, either at college or university
- Software Developer
- Networking specialist
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Database developer and a huge range of other technical posts within the Computing and ICT sector