This BINDT approved course provides basic theory and practical work on test pieces and industrial components, with emphasis on interpretation of defect indications, also comparing sensitivity of the visible and fluorescent methods. Using fixed work stations or portable equipment as required.
Training accredited to ASNT Level 1 and 2 and PCN Level 1 and 2. (PCN syllabus reference No PCN/GEN/92 Appendix E2.2).
Unfortunately, due to the current public health situation, we are not able to offer any NDT training until November 2020.
- This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors and technicians employed in, or personnel with a responsibility for the inspection of fabrications, castings and forgings during manufacture, or components in service.
An individual certified to Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the NDT technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into NDT instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify equipment settings
- Perform and supervise tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare written NDT instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below level 2
provide guidance for personnel at or below level 2, and
report the results of non-destructive tests
- Please note in order to be fully PCN 2 qualified you will have to complete Industrial NDT Experience. This can be completed before or up to 2 years after you have passed your exam.
- For further information on the General Requirements for Qualification and PCN Certification of NDT Personnel please click on link (Section 8 covers NDT Industrial Experience) http://www.bindt.org/downloads/PCNGEN.pdf
- Principles of dye penetrant testing
- Methods of inspection
- Compatibility of materials
- Equipment types
- Practical exercises
- Method of assessing sensitivity
- Report writing and safety procedures
- The course ends with a written and practical test
Delegates completing the course should be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of dye penetrant inspection
- Carry out penetrant inspection using water washable, solvent removable and postemulsifiable/ removable processes
- Write inspection procedures and test reports
- Meet syllabus requirements for ASNT/PCN 1 and 2 personnel.
- Five days
- This course is delivered in our Glenrothes Campus
- Courses in Liquid Penetrant Inspection can be taken over two days for Level 1, and three days for Level 2
- If Level 1 is held by delegate, these courses will then be costed at £160 per day
Straight to Level 2 in these techniques will require 5 days. ASNT Examinations may be arranged on the final day of the course.
PCN Examinations are available on demand after successful completion of an approved training course.
- All delegates wishing to take a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL 44
- This price includes exam and levy fees
- PCN syllabus reference No PCN/GEN Appendix Z1