This course is designed to help people in a management, leadership or supervisory role to understand how to lead, develop and engage with their teams and people. You will explore conflict, how to motivate individuals and teams and assertive communication.
Day 1 – The Role of a Manager
- The role of a manager and leader
- Responsibilities and qualities of a manager
- Your management and communication style
- Action Centred Leadership
- How to understand ourselves better using the Johari Window model
Day 2 – Managing Performance
- What motivates individuals through positive performance management practices
- Unconscious bias, demographic changes and the need for a diverse group of skills within your existing teams.
- The importance of collaboration to align skills to improve productivity/strategic direction of business
- Motivating individuals through positive performance management practices
- Implementing strategies to provide recognition beyond pay
- How to prevent unnecessary conflict and be more effective at constructively resolving conflict
2 days duration at Carnegie Conference Centre, Dunfermline.
9.30am-4.30pm (Tea/coffee will be served from 9am)
(This links takes you to our Business site)
If you don’t see a suitable date for this course please use the enquire now button or contact our Sales team on 03442 480128.
There are no formal entry requirements.
This course is suitable for anyone in a supervisory or management role.
- Managing mental health
- Managing & supporting young people in the workforce
- Equality & diversity in the workplace
- Introduction to root cause analysis & problem solving
- £435 per person
- This includes all course materials, tea/coffee/biscuits, and lunch