This course is designed to give an introduction to the four main methods of NDT.
Theory of all methods as well as hands-on practical work will be covered, using a variety of test equipment. A comprehensive range of fully authenticated test specimens is available.
Unfortunately, due to the current public health situation, we are not able to offer any NDT training until November 2020.
- 8-12 June 2020 (two days)
- This course is delivered at our Glenrothes Campus
NDT methods, including:
- Surface methods – magnetic particle and penetrant inspection
- Sub-surface methods: ultrasonic thickness measurement, ultrasonic flaw detection, x and gamma radiography
- Demonstration of examination techniques
- Selection of method of NDT in relation to material, defect type and defect orientation
On completion of the course, delegates should:
- Be aware of the NDT methods available
- Appreciate the basic principles of each method
- Know the advantages and limitations of the NDT methods in the application and defect detection capability
- Engineering and inspection personnel who require a general knowledge of NDT techniques with some hands-on experience
- £336 for the two day course