The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety is an internationally recognised qualification that will provide you with a broad understanding of key health and safety issues - specific to the oil and gas and petrochemicals industries.
In association with our partners Astutis, a NEBOSH accredited course provider, Fife College Training and Development is proud to offer the e-learning NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas.
- This six month e-learning license provides you with access to all relevant training materials via an online portal
The International Oil and Gas Certificate syllabus focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling students to effectively discharge workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore and highlights the importance of process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
The syllabus takes a risk management approach based on best practice and international industry standards and covers:
- Safety and environmental management in this industry
- Hydrocarbon process safety
- Fire protection and emergency response
- There is one two hour exam which consists of 10 'short-answer' questions and one 'long answer' question
This well respected and internationally recognised qualification is aimed at those who have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day to day duties in the oil and gas or petrochemicals industries, including:
- Employee representatives
- Newly appointed health and safety advisers
- You should already have an underpinning knowledge of safety issues and may already have studied one of NEBOSH’s Certificate-level courses
- Delegates who successfully complete the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety will be certified and can apply for:
- Technical membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Tech IOSH)
- Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk Management, allowing you to use AIIRSM after your name
- The e-learning package does not include examination fees (currently £125 ex VAT, payable when you are ready to sit the exam)
- The two hour exam can be taken at any authorised examination centre within the UK or worldwide