Study online at a time that suits you - flexible start dates available
On this course, you will study the Core Skills Numeracy Unit at SCQF Level 5 (F3GF 11).
Numeracy at SCQF Level 5 is about applying numerical skills in personal, workplace, social, and educational situations that involve graphical information, calculations, and solving problems. The focus of the Unit is on transferable numeracy skills, using number skills and understanding and using graphs, tables, charts, and diagrams.
- Online learning – self-study with support.
- Flexible start dates available – start at a time that suits you from opening date of 25 October 2021
- Course to be completed by June 2022
You will develop skills in all of the following areas:
- analyse situations to identify relevant numerical data and relationships in order to solve numerical problems
- decide which operations to carry out and in what order to solve a problem
- use numerical or statistical concepts (e.g. quantitative and qualitative information; discrete and continuous data; numbers represented by symbols)
- carry out a number of sustained calculations or at least one specialised calculation
- interpret information from a single complex graphical form or a series of straightforward related graphical forms
- select an appropriate graphical form and use it to communicate information
- Applicants should already have achieved Core Skills Numeracy at SCQF Level 4 (F3GF 10) or another equivalent qualification.
- Numeracy at SCQF Level 5 is a valuable qualification in its own right, and can be required for entry to a number of Higher Education courses.