The course helps candidates to develop administrative and IT skills, and an understanding of related theory, enabling them to effectively contribute to and support organisations.
- Information handling
- Information and communication Technology (ICT)
- Problem solving
- Using technology for electronic communication
- Information sourcing
- Using spreadsheets, databases, presentations, word-processing, and desktop publishing to prepare documents
- Employability, enterprise, and citizenship
- Organisation skills
- one year
IT Solutions for Administrators
Communication in Administration
- You should have achieved the fourth curriculum level or the National 4 Administration and IT course or equivalent qualifications and/or experience prior to starting this course.
- This course is offered as Year 2 study (S4 school pupils) for those that have successfully completed Year 1 NPA Administration Activities – Administration and IT: An introduction.
- Must have a positive attendance record.
Higher Administration and IT course
Other qualifications in administration and IT or related areas
Further study, employment and/or training
Employment could be gained in the administration, business, and commercial sector in one of the following job roles:
- Administrative assistant
- Front of office staff
- School transition form
- Positive lecturer progression report