This PAT testing course is designed to provide you with a recognised qualification, and the knowledge, skills, and understanding to enable both the testing of portable electrical equipment and management of the testing of portable electrical equipment.
- You will be supplied with all course material including the IET code of practice. Note: There are two separate online exams undertaken out-with the two day attendance
- On completion of the course you will gain two qualifications:
- City & Guilds 2377-22 Level 3 Award in the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
- City & Guilds 2377-32 Level 3 Award in the Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- This two day course is offered to individuals at our Stenton Campus in Glenrothes, or can be delivered as a closed course at your company's premises if required
This course meets the demands of legislation, which requires qualified personnel to administer and carry out the inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
It is based upon the IET code of practice (COP) for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment. You should bring a copy of the COP however, these can be provided by the College on loan for the duration of the course.
The subjects you will study will include:
- The use of portable appliance tester
- Safety mechanisms used in portable appliances
- Recommended portable appliance tests
- This course is suitable for qualified electricians and electrical engineers, or those already undertaking maintenance duties with electrical knowledge
- Successful completion of this course and gaining this City & Guilds qualification is of great benefit for those electricians who wish to carry out formal testing of portable electrical appliances in accordance with the IET code of practice and is applicable to all who have responsibility for electrical maintenance