To achieve the qualification, you must demonstrate your competence as a trainer when planning and delivering training sessions to small groups of learners. You will be assessed on planning and delivering one interactive training session lasting between 25 and 35 minutes. Your trainer will observe you when delivering your training session and along with your peers, will give you feedback on your performance to enable you to develop your future practice.
There is only one unit of study and the outcome to be achieved are:
- Explain the trainer’s role in ensuring learners’ needs are met
- Prepare learning objectives, session plans and support materials to meet learner requirements
- Deliver planned interactive training sessions and monitor the progress and achievement of learners
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the training sessions delivered and develop own practice
- Confidence in designing and delivering training sessions
- An understanding of different ways people learn
- This is a four day course with a follow up day for assessment
- 09.30 – 16.30
- Carnegie Conference Centre
- No previous qualifications are necessary however the candidates should have vocational expertise or subject knowledge whose job role now or in the future would include the training of others in small group settings and in work related learning contexts.
- SVQ learning and development SCQF level 7
- The price for this course is £795 per person