This BINDT course provides comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of radiography testing of welds, castings, and forgings for technicians to reach Level 2 standard.
Training accredited to ASNT Level 1 and 2 and PCN Level 1 and 2 (PCN syllabus reference No PCN/GEN/92 Appendix C2.2).
Unfortunately, due to the current public health situation, we are not able to offer any NDT training until November 2020.
- 15 days
- Consideration of Radiographic Interpretation certification and any industrial experience will be taken into account to reduce the time required on the course
- Fife College NDT Centre complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 for the provision of training and examination of NDT Personnel
The course content includes:
- Principles of x and gamma radiography
- Radiation safety, equipment, and film types
- Film exposure and processing
- Film viewing requirements, penetrameters, sensitivity, and defect types
- Film artefacts
- Practical radiography and interpretation of radiographs
The course ends with a written and practical test.
After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the basic theory of radiography
- Appreciation of radiation safety principles
- Understand radiographic techniques and film selection
- Understand the origin of defects
- Recognise the difference between defects and film faults
- Carry out practical radiography using x and gamma
- Interpret radiographs
- Meet the syllabus requirements for PCN/ASNT Level 2
- ASNT Examinations may be arranged on the final day of the course
PCN Examinations are available on demand after successful completion of an approved training course.
- This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors, and testers
- All delegates wishing to take a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL44
- PCN syylabus reference No PCN/GEN Appendix Z1
- On Application
- This price does not include exam or levy fees