This BINDT approved course is designed for NDT personnel, surveyors, quality and inspection engineers who may have the responsibility for the identification of defects revealed by radiography. This course provides essential knowledge on radiographic theory and practice. Evaluation of weldments and castings, using radiographic codes and procedures to enable interpreters to judge radiographic quality.
Training accredited to ASNT Level 1 and 2 and PCN Level 1 and 2. (PCN syllabus reference No PCN/ GEN/92 Appendix C2.2).
Unfortunately, due to the current public health situation, we are not able to offer any NDT training until November 2020.
- Six days
- This course is delivered at our Glenrothes Campus
- Principles of x and gamma radiography, equipment, safety, film and screen types, film exposure and processing
- Film illuminator requirements and background lighting, penetrameters, sensitivity, defect types, film artefacts, practical work on interpretation of radiographs
- The course ends with a written and practical test
Delegates completing the course should be able to:
- Understand the basic theory of radiography
- Appreciation of radiation safety principles
- Understand radiographic techniques and film selection
- Understand the origin of defects
- Recognise the difference between defects and film faults
- Interpret radiographs
- Meet the syllabus requirements for ASNT/PCN Level 2
- ASNT Examinations may be arranged on the final day of the course
PCN Examinations are available on demand.
- This course is designed for radiographers, inspectors, engineers and surveyors who require a methodical approach to interpretation
- Price includes PCN Level 2 exam and levy fees