Selling is fast becoming a core skill required by any member of staff that has a direct relationship with the customer. In a very competitive environment it is important that the opportunity to sell does not pass by. This course combines good communication skills with modern selling techniques. It will improve your knowledge of understanding customer needs, effective questioning, features, and benefits and will give you practical advice to overcome objections and close the sale.
You will also identify opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling. This is a practical one day course aimed at both new and existing sales people which will enable you to reflect on their current selling skills, develop new techniques, knowledge, and behaviours and action plan accordingly.
- One day, 9.30am - 4.30pm
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduce seven steps of selling
- Planning and preparation
- Understanding your customer, your product, your industry, your territory
- Effective introductions – engaging the customer
- Communicating skills – questioning techniques/listening skills
- Presenting features and benefits
- Understanding buying motives
- Why do people object?
- What are typical objections?
- Rules for dealing with objections
- Closing sales - asking for the business
- Closing techniques
- Identifying opportunities for upselling/cross-selling
- Post call activities
- Administration/Sales documentation
- Follow up – after sales service
- This course is ideal for both new and experienced salespeople as well as Team Leaders, Managers and any staff involved in selling and negotiating
- The price includes all course materials, refreshments and a two course lunch.