Study online at a time to suit you - flexible start dates available
This free award provides you with the opportunity to develop your values, attitudes and skills towards achieving a circular economy and protecting our environment. The knowledge gained from this award will improve your ability to relate your learning and achievements to your future career, business and personal development.
You will explore and participate in a variety of activities in order to make you think and challenge yourself, while increasing your knowledge via case studies, videos and questions. You will finish the course by creating your own Mission Statement using what you have learnt and any changes and impacts it might have had on your understanding of the Circular Economy.
- Online learning – approximately 40 hours self-study with support.
- Flexible start dates available - start at a time that suits you from opening date of 26th September 2022
- Course to be completed by 31 July 2023
You will develop an understanding in all of the following areas:
- The government’s plan to regulate waste management and the current processes in place to ensure best practice.
- The key legislative requirements and principles set out by the government in relation to the management of waste products.
- The household recycling charter set out for local authorities to meet their duties and responsibilities for waste management.
- Non-compliant business practices and the types of convictions that can be enforced.
- How effective waste management and processes can impact and reduce the production of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
- What is meant by a “linear” and “circular” economy.
- A Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the REHIS exam.
- A Recycling Compliance Card, recognised by the sector, will be awarded on successful completion of the award.
- Applications are open to anyone who has an interest in the renewables and green economy sectors but also to anyone who is looking to pursue a career in the construction, engineering, renewables, energy, STEM and green economy sectors.
- The successful completion of this award could lead to further study at NC or HNC Level in a renewables, energy, engineering, construction or STEM related subject.
- The future of work is changing and this qualification is preparing individuals for careers that do not exist at the moment. The sustainable careers of the future demand a meta-skills mindset that is agile, inquisitive and resilient. This qualification supports and enhances this transition.