This BINDT approved course provides comprehensive knowledge of the theory and practice of weld inspection for technicians to reach Level 2 standard.
Training accredited to PCN Level 2 (PCN requirements document PCN WI Issue 3 Rev A).
Unfortunately, due to the current public health situation, we are not able to offer any NDT training until November 2020.
- Five days
- Welding technology – processes and defects
- Welding terminology
- Engineering materials
- Heat treatment processes
- Quality assurance/quality control
- Application of appropriate standards
- Practical inspection of plate and pipe welds
- Macros and bend specimens
- Report writing
After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the principles of welding processes
- Understand the principles of weld metallurgy
- Know the nature and origin of welding defects
- Understand the importance of welding, process quality control and associated documentation and how relevant standards are applied and interpreted
- Be able to carry out practical inspections of weldments
- Report accordingly
Fife College NDT Centre complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 for the provision of training and examination of NDT personnel.
- This course is suitable for NDT personnel, inspectors, and engineers
- All delegates wishing to taken a PCN examination must have natural or corrected vision satisfying the minimum PCN requirements PSL 44
- This price includes exam or levy fees