This course will introduce learners to 3D printing and scanning technologies enabling practical exploration of both and will provide learners with an understanding of CAD, Design and Manufacturing approaches for any industry.
Learners will study the Internet of Things (IoT), the history of IoT, where the concept has come from, through to modern-day IoT devices and real-world implementations.
Learners will also gain an appreciation of recently developed Advanced Manufacturing Technologies, such as rapid prototyping and collaborative robots, as well as the types of Advanced Manufacturing Technology that are about to emerge in the near future, such as additive manufacturing.
Finally, learners will be equipped with knowledge and understanding of the main elements of robotic systems and the factors influencing their selection for general industrial applications.
- This course starts in January 2023
- Evening class one night per week
The course will cover the following topics
- CAD: 3D Printing & Scanning
- Internet of Things
- Industry 4.0 Technologies for Manufacture
- Robotic Systems or Artificial Intelligence
- There are no formal entry requirements. However candidates will be expected to demonstrate suitable industrial knowledge and experience, and familiarity with 2D & 3D CAD is highly desirable.
- HNC Manufacturing Engineering or HNC CAD
- Completion of this and further courses can lead to Modern Apprenticeships or employment in a wide range of manufacturing and engineering areas