The Professional Development Award in Financial Accounting at SCQF Level 7 offers you an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills required for a financial accounting support role within an organisation. It is primarily intended for those who expect to take up a career in accounting and/or financial administration but is also relevant to those with appropriate work experience who wish to formalise their qualifications or progress in their accounting career.
You will study on a part-time basis and will develop manual book-keeping skills, prepare and analyse final accounts and statements for a variety of business organisations – sole traders, partnerships and companies. You will also be introduced to the use of accounting software packages to record accounting transactions and accounting reports.
The PDA in Financial Accounting consists of three units:
- Recording financial information
- Preparing final accounts
- Using financial accounting software
- This course is suitable for those employed in the accounting sector who wish to enhance their career prospects
- Mature students with evidence of work experience in a business or accounting environment but without formal qualifications are encouraged to apply
- The PDA in Financial Accounting will prepare you for employment within the accounting and business sector
- On successful completion of this PDA, you may undertake further related PDAs or HN units to build your qualification towards a full HNC in Accounting
Successful completion of this course could lead to roles such as an accounting assistant or financial administrator.