The Professional Development Award in Management Accounting at SCQF Level 7 offers you an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills required for a cost or management accounting support role within an organisation.
You will study on a part-time basis and will develop ICT knowledge and skills in relation to using current cost accounting techniques. You will also develop skills in preparing financial information for use in decision making within an organisation.
The PDA in Management Accounting consists of two units:
- Cost accounting
- Management accounting using information technology
- This course is suitable for those employed in the accounting sector who wish to enhance their career prospects
- Mature students with evidence of work experience in a business or accounting environment but without formal qualifications are encouraged to apply
- On successful completion this PDA, you may undertake further related PDAs or HN units to build your qualification towards a full HNC in Accounting
- The PDA in Management Accounting will prepare you for employment within the accounting and business sector
- Successful completion of this course could lead to roles such as an accounting assistant or financial administrator