Starting in February 2020, this short full-time course is perfect if you are looking for a career in a professional kitchen or catering outlet.
You will develop the skills needed for working in a professional kitchen and food service area. You will prepare, cook, and finish a wide range of foods suitable to be served in the College Bistro to the students, staff, and visitors to the campus.
You will learn the importance of team work and communication and gain skills that will get you ready for employment.
- Short full-time
- Food production
- Food safety and security
- Food hygiene
- Food service
- Working in a team and problem solving
- Essential Skills
Interest in the hospitality industry and cooking is required along with one of the following:
- Three National 3s
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- SVQ: Professional Cookery SCQF Level 5
- MA or SVQ courses in the industry
- Commis chef
- Trainee chef
- Kitchen assistant
- Food and beverage assistant
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise