This qualification has been specifically designed to build on existing knowledge and understanding of barbering and will develop an enhanced repertoire of technical skills to prepare learners for employment as a senior barber. Learners will work in, and have their barbering skills assessed in a 'real' commercial barbershop/salon.
This qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as an advanced barber including: health and safety; client consultation; creative hair cutting, designing and creating facial hair shapes, selling products and services to clients.
- One year full-time
- Typical timetable is Monday & Tuesday, including twilight/evening sessions
- Mens advanced cutting
- Mens colouring
- Consultation services
- Shaving techniques
- Cutting facial hair
- Promoting products & services
- Health & Safety
- You must have SVQ Level 2 in barbering or equivalent
- You must have ESOL at National 5, if applicable
- You must be currently working in a salon/barbershop
- Industry experience (5years +) may be considered
- Further study could include professional CPD courses
- You will be a fully qualified barber on successful completion of this course. You may work in a gents barber or unisex salon.
- Students will require a £70 deposit for a kit
- Course materials will be supplied
- Interview selection process