This course, delivered in both Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy, is a progression from NVQ Diploma: Beauty Therapy VTCT Level 2 and will provide the necessary practical and theoretical knowledge in order for you to gain employment in the beauty industry as a massage therapist.
This course has a high level of practical salon activity and your timetable may include twilight/evening sessions. Timetables will be issued prior to the courses commencing where possible.
You will be required to work in paired activity and to bring in your own clients for assessment and training purposes.
- A broad range of beauty practical skills - see section What you Study for more information
- One year full-time. This course is 2 or 2.5 days a week and may include twilight/evening classes
- Body massage
- Massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Facial electrical treatments
- Indian head massage
- Stone therapy massage
- Planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- You must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the start of your course
- You must have manual dexterity, interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the beauty industry
- You must have a S/NVQ2 Beauty Therapy qualification or equivalent
- VTCT Advanced Beauty Therapy with Skin Rejuvenation and Permanent Hair Removal
- Employment within beauty salons
- Health clubs/farms
- Cruise liners
- You may be required to purchase a uniform and text books – approx. £80
- You may also be required to purchase a kit – approx. £15. Where you have recently completed NVQ Diploma: Beauty Therapy VTCT Level 2, your existing kit will be appropriate but may require some additional items at minimal cost
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Personal statement with application form is essential