On this course you will be practising your treatments in paired activity with your classmates, be prepared to be worked on & worked with as full participation is essential to succeed. Most of your timetable time in College will be in one of our salons, your timetable also includes self-study time which you will need to use for revision for online assessments. There will be projects and case studies involved so make sure you have plenty of friends and family members that you can practice on & bring in for assessment purposes. If you love working with people and have a genuine desire to make them feel better - then this is the course for you.
- You will develop the necessary interpersonal and client communication skills that are required for the Industry - and also transferable to other areas of work.
- One year full-time. Your timetable will be 2-2.5 days a week in College and may include twilight classes (6-9pm).
You will study the following:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Basic massage therapy techniques
- Basic reflexology techniques
- Basic aromatherapy techniques
- Healthy eating and wellbeing
- Clinic services
- Business awareness
- You must be at least 16 years old at the start of the course.
- Two National 5 qualifications (or similar), 1 must be English.
- Science subjects, in particular Biology, are beneficial as this course contains anatomy & physiology.
- Successful students on this course could progress to Level 3 Beauty Therapy Massage or;
- Level 3 Complementary Therapy qualification.
With further study you could work in the following areas:
- NHS support services
- You will need to have your uniform prior to the course starting (approx. £40).
- Your uniform will consist of tunic & trousers, you will require flat closed toe shoes.
- You will require a deposit for your kit (approx. £70). You will need your kit prior to the course starting.
- Online application followed by a group information session where you may be required to participate in a practical activity with others.
- We will also want to speak with you individually at the information session.