This qualification is aimed at new entrants into the gas industry who wish to be trained in the skills and knowledge associated with basic and complex gas systems. This includes the routine maintenance, reactive maintenance, and commissioning and de-commissioning of gas appliances in a variety of work environments.
The skills that will be developed during this course will help you to achieve employment within the Service industry:
- Problem solving
- Hand skills
- 35 weeks incorporating 11 weeks work based training with a Gas Safe registered engineer and 24 weeks classroom based training and assessment.
- You will learn both “on the job” in a working environment and “off the job” in a classroom setting with realistic working environments and appliances.
- You will be assessed in a number of ways – this will include knowledge questions and real work environment gas safety practical exercises. You will also compile a portfolio of evidence and observations in the field.
- Candidates with previous industry experience in either the electrical, mechanical or industrial field is essential
- Please note acceptance on the program is dependent on the availability of a suitable work placement
- Progress on to HNC/D
- All PPE supplied by the college
- Apply online