Hairdressing is a very inspiring career with a lot of job satisfaction. You will learn a variety of creative cutting and colouring techniques including colour correction and long hair skills. This course will prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities. You will be required to work in paired activity and to source models for assessment purposes.
You must be working in a salon &/or have a minimum of 2 years Industry experience to do this course.
- You will develop a wide range of practical skills that will enable you to become a junior stylist/stylist in a salon.
- One year full-time
- Day release option available (if employed in a salon and eligible for Modern Apprenticeship Funding)
- Please note: your timetable may include twilight/evening sessions
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Consultation services
- Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
- Competition awareness
- Sustainable living/health and safety
- Salon work placement is a mandatory part of this course - applicants are required to be employed or self-employed in a salon prior to course start date
You will be supplied with the materials necessary to undertake the course.
- You must be currently employed or self-employed within the industry
- SVQ: Hairdressing SCQF Level 5 and relevant industry experience
- National 5: English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) (where applicable)
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Sound knowledge of the hairdressing industry
- HNC Fashion Make Up
- Assessor qualifications
- Junior stylist/stylist
- Cruise ship stylist
- Session stylist
- You are required to wear an all black dress code - top / trousers/ shoes
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
- student's will be required to do a trade test of a cut and style at interview to keep with industry standards.