You will learn all aspects of hairdressing - cutting, colouring, styling, shampooing, hair condition, consultation techniques, reception services, product knowledge. You will also develop your ICT and Data skills to prepare you for the modern salon environment. The course is a mixture of practical and theoretical, assessed through observation and online assessments. You will gather your assessment evidence in an online portfolio. You will be required to practice your skills at home, make sure you have a good supply of family and friends that can be your models, and we strongly encourage salon experience or part-time salon work to further your knowledge of the Industry. If you are creative, artistic, enthusiastic and love meeting new people then this course is right for you.
- You will develop the necessary interpersonal, personal presentation, confidence and communication skills that are necessary for success in the hairdressing industry.
- One year full-time. You will be in College 2-2.5 days per week.
- You may have evening or twilight classes on your timetable.
- You will learn and develop all of the basic skills that enable you to be a successful hairdresser.
- You must have VTCT Level 1 Diploma in Hairdressing (SCQF4 comparable) or equivalent.
- If you have industry experience, this will be considered.
- You can progress to SVQ Level 3 Hairdressing (SCQF Level 6) on successful completion of this course.
- This course will enable you to gain employment in the hairdressing industry as a junior/junior stylist.
- There is an all black dress code - trousers, top & shoes/trainers (black) is ideal.
- You will need a £50 deposit for your kit. You will require a padlock for your locker.
- Group information session, which may include a small practical activity to gauge interpersonal skills, and/or individual interview.