You will have the opportunity to study a number of management and leadership subjects appropriate to your aspirations and work experience. Competencies covered include personal skills and working with people, providing direction and managing yourself, facilitating and managing change, risk, health and safety, and using resources and achieving results.
- This course is undertaken in your workplace under the supervision of experienced management professionals using a flexible approach to match your individual learning needs. Typically these seminars are held on a monthly basis, the programme can be commenced at any time, and completion usually takes from 12 to 18 months.
- On enrolment, you will be provided with a Student Membership of the Chartered Institute of Management for 12 months, eligible for conversion to full membership on successful completion
The course comprises 4 mandatory and 3 optional units.
Subjects taken will depend upon the needs of you and your organisation, but would typically include:
- Develop your knowledge, skills and competence
- Lead your team
- Manage people’s performance at work
- Provide healthy, safe, secure and productive working environments and practices
- Develop operational plans
- Implement change
- Develop and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues
- The course is targeted to practical people wishing to advance their position in the workplace based on their leadership and management skills
- There are no formal educational requirements for this programme but eligibility will depend on your particular job role.
- You must be involved in a management or leadership role, ideally for three years or more
- You must also ensure the full support of your employer regardless of your source of funding
You may wish to enrol onto an HNC or HND Management course or SVQ: Management at SCQF Level 9