This course is employers led and these students attend on a block release pattern to gain knowledge from industry and also gain the appropriate training and understanding from industry experienced lecturers and training assessors, to assist with the completion on their MA award. The course itself is made up of practical and theoretical units within the trade area to allow the attainment of competence, so when working back on the construction site they have relevant knowledge to complete the tasks in hand.The students will attend college on a block release basis for 4 years eg 19, 11,1 & 1 weeks this equates to 32 weeks over the 4 years. The split for theory and practical is as follows: Theory 30% and practical 70%. The course is assessed through both written assessments and practical assessments which are projects.
- The skills gained on this course will be practical hand skills and and knowledge of the specific trade area and also the understanding of relevant H & S to allow working on the construction sites.
- 4 years block release. Unless an adult with substantial work place experience then 2 years.
- You will learn how to conduct yourself appropriately while working on a construction site so as not to cause any accidents.
- You will partake in completing specialised units which will be for example: wall papering spraying and also appreciation of access platforms and equipment.
It is recommended that the students have reasonable grades form school, preferably at SCQF level 5. Also if applicable.
- Certificate: Construction Futures.
- National 5 Practical Craft Skills at Grade C or above, plus four National 4s including Maths and English.
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- HNC Construction management, HNC Quantity Surveying, & HNC Architectural Technology.
- Construction management.
- This is completed by employers.