This course gives you the opportunity to study a number of subjects appropriate to their aspirations and work experience.
Competencies covered include developing relationships and selecting suppliers, contracts and negotiation, working with people and achieving results, specification and evaluating the ability of suppliers to meet specification, import procedures, scheduling and approving orders, managing information, transport, storage and distribution, dealing with returns, and proposing improvements to the supply chain.
The difference between qualification level results from the number of units taken and the depth of knowledge required.
- This course is undertaken in your workplace under the supervision of experienced supply chain professionals using a flexible approach to match individual learning needs.
- Typically these seminars are held on a monthly basis, the programme can be commenced at any time, and completion usually takes from 12 to 18 months.
Subjects studied depend upon the needs of the individual student and their organisation but would typically include:
- Managing relationships
- Monitoring the flow of information
- Procurement strategy
- Making improvements to the supply chain
- Monitoring and control of the supply chain
- Contracts and negotiation
- Managing imports and exports
- Managing suppliers
- Monitoring progressing orders
- Distribution and transportation
- Customer returns and complaints
- There are no formal educational requirements for this programme but students are expected to possess at least three years’ work experience in a supply chain related function
- It is therefore ideal for persons wishing to enhance their position in the workplace
- You must also ensure the full support of your employer regardless of the your source of funding
- You may opt to follow a programme leading to the award of HNC/D Supply Chain Management
- A support programme may also be provided in specific aspects of Supply Chain Management to suit both you and your employer
- This course is targeted to practical people wishing to advance their position in the workplace using Supply Chain Management
- It is accredited for Associate Membership by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Likewise, it is recognised by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), the Institute of Export (IOE) and the Institute of Operations Management (IOM)
- Quotations are supplied based on the amount of flexible learning required