From Introductory to Higher courses, with Pathways to HNCs, HNDs and Degrees
Dunfermline, Glenrothes, Levenmouth and Kirkcaldy
Start studying in February or August 2024
Why Choose Access to Qualifications, Further Study and Higher Education?
Whether you need to get that job you have always wanted, or those additional qualifications to fulfil your dream of studying at degree level– we have the right course for you. And it is never too late to return to studying!
At Fife College we offer National 5s, Highers and Pathway courses which are designed to enable you to progress onto HNC, HND or degree level study. You can study full-time or part-time to help fit studying around your life.
We also offer Start Here for Qualifications courses that can help you get ready for these Pathway courses, if you have no qualifications (or very few) and are interested in developing your skills.
Our Access Courses
We offer the following:
· Certificate: Start Here for Qualifications
· Intermediate Certificate: Pathway to HNC/D and Degree
· Advanced Certificate: Pathway to HNC/D and Degree
· Higher: English
What kind of job could I do?
· Our courses are widely respected among employers and they provide an excellent route into higher-level study
· You may be able to apply for jobs where a good basic education is required
Progress to a Degree
You can start at SCQF Level 4 (the equivalent to National 4s) and progress through to SCQFLevel 6 (equivalent to Highers). This could give you the qualifications you need to apply for HNC/HND study and on to a degree at Fife College or one of our partner universities, or move into employment.
What Happens after I Apply?
There are four possible outcomes from your interview:
(For courses where an interview is not required, you may be asked for additional information e.g. a portfolio, before a decision is made.)
1. Unconditional offer: you have met all the entry requirements and your place is guaranteed.
2. Conditional offer: your place is secured pending meeting the entry requirements.
3. You may be added to a waiting list: you have met all entry requirements; however, the course is full.
If any spaces become available, you will be contacted nearer the course start date.
4. Unsuccessful: speak to our Guidance Team.
They may be able to help you find another suitable course.
Hear What Our Students Have To Say
"After I finished up at Fife College, I spent four years at the University of St Andrews." Find out how our Pathway to HNC/D and Degree course helped Jake in his career.
Discover Our Cost of Living Solutions Today!
With the cost of living crisis set to rise higher and higher, we have put in place a number of measures to help support our students at Fife College through these hard times. Find out more:
Get the Latest Fife College News!
Stay informed with the latest updates from staff and students in Access to Qualifications. Read on for all news and insights from this area and across the college below: