Modern Apprenticeships are available across all sectors, including Customer Service, Hospitality, Business Administration, and Hairdressing as well as more traditional industries such as Engineering, Construction, and Motor Vehicle.
As an employer, there are many benefits to recruiting an MA or offering a Modern Apprenticeship to an existing staff member.
Not only will you be developing enthusiastic young talent with the exact skills and experience your industry requires, but depending on individual circumstances, you could also access funding from Skills Development Scotland towards delivery costs.
Thinking of taking on an apprentice?
Have you thought about taking on an apprentice but been unsure of where to start? Fife College offers a tailored service aimed at guiding you through the process of employing a Modern Apprentice.
Our Modern Apprenticeship team are here to help at every stage, ensuring that you and your apprentices receive all of the advice and on-going support that you require throughout the whole MA programme. We can also offer assistance with your recruitment and selection process when taking on an apprentice. Give us a call on 0344 248 0128 or email email@example.com - we'd be happy to answer any questions!
How do I recruit a Modern Apprentice?
We can help you recruit an apprentice in two ways:
1. You may already have someone employed in your company who you wish to develop further. In this case, you can contact us to arrange for one of our Business Development Team to meet with you and discuss the most suitable Modern Apprenticeship for your employee.
2. You may decide that you would like to offer a job and training to a young person. If this is a job likely to lead to craft, technician or management level then the Modern Apprenticeship programme is a perfect solution.
Apprenticeship Funding available for employers
As an employer you could benefit from Fife College’s direct access to Skills Development Scotland (SDS) funding which supports all Modern Apprenticeships aged 16 -19 and in paid employment. Modern Apprentices that qualify within this age band will have all the college fees paid by SDS funding with no cost to you. Funding is also available for those aged 20-plus. Any funding will be agreed locally with each employer and although the government may contribute, the company will have to meet the cost of wages and may contribute to some training costs.
Help available for employers
We understand that the Modern Apprenticeship programme can impose an additional administrative load on employers, so we offer a Managed Service for Funded Programmes such as MAs. This is a package of training and services to support you throughout the programme from recruitment and selection of an apprentice through to workforce planning, funding and training delivery.
If you contact us with details of the vacancy, we can assist with the recruitment and selection of new Modern Apprentices by internally advertising your vacancies to our full-time students. We can also help you to select the Modern Apprenticeship programme best suited to your company’s needs.
Benefits of our Managed Service
- Key Account Management
- Help with recruitment and selection
- Support for employers and employees
- Workplace visits
- Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
- Organisation and delivery of high quality training
- Effective employer reporting systems and reviews designed to support individual employer needs
- Administration of Skills Development Scotland funding and audit management
Our skills and experience, combined with high-quality progress reviews and electronic (or manual) progress reports, enable employers to support their employees through work-based training. We are with you every step of the way and we will do our best to find a Modern Apprenticeship to fit your company profile.
All Modern Apprentices have a personal training agreement where the employer and Fife College will work together with the Modern Apprentice to make sure that the plan is followed and the training agreement met.