In response to market demand and the needs of local businesses, Fife College is increasing the number of Modern Apprenticeships for our customers within the Construction sector.
Over the coming months, we are also investing over £1million in a new construction innovation hub at our Glenrothes Campus.
As a CITB registered company, you can choose to work directly with the College as your Managing Agent, not just your Training Provider.
As the current training provider for your apprentices, we will continue to deliver the high quality training you have come to expect. However, by working directly with us you will also have access to the following added value benefits:
- Direct contact with your training provider
- Flexible delivery approach
- Apprenticeship Grant claim guidance and support
- Recruitment advice and support in marketing as well as access to potential Apprentices
- Construction specialist workplace assessors to deliver the new work based requirements
- Guarantee that the new work based assessment requirements will be delivered across all the frameworks by the College
Why take on an apprentice?
As an employer, there are many benefits to recruiting an MA or offering a Modern Apprenticeship to an existing staff member.
Not only will you be developing enthusiastic young talent with the exact skills and experience your industry requires, but depending on individual circumstances, you could also access funding from Skills Development Scotland towards delivery costs.
How do I recruit a Modern Apprentice?
At Fife College, we can help you recruit an apprentice in two ways:
- You may already have someone employed in your company who you wish to develop further. In this case, you can contact us to arrange for one of our Business Development Team to meet with you and discuss the most suitable Modern Apprenticeship for your employee.
- You may decide that you would like to offer a job and training to a young person. If this is a job likely to lead to craft, technician or management level then the Modern Apprenticeship programme is a perfect solution.
Additional training opportunities
As part of your MA contract with us, we will include a range of training programmes for you to choose from that will support the ongoing development of your workforce at no additional cost to you. These will include:
- Technical Skills training
- Project Management
- Professional Development
- Health and Safety training
Support to access Levy Grant funding
We will also support you in accessing the Levy Grant Funding which is available to all registered CITB Companies taking on Modern Apprentices.
We would welcome the opportunity to come and speak with you to secure your places for August and a member of our team will be in touch to arrange a convenient time.