Get Answers to Your QuestionsFind out more
Open for Business:
Getting Academic Year 2020/21 Up and Running at Fife College
We are looking forward to our full time 2020/21 students getting their learning experience underway at Fife College on 31 August. The College is committed to providing the highest quality learning experience for students, in an engaging and nurturing environment. Our team want to make your time at Fife College as happy, fulfilling and rewarding as it can be.
Our plans are aligned to the Scottish Government route map for moving out of lockdown and, as ever, the health, safety and wellbeing of students, staff and visitors will continue to be our main priority.
Measures for the first term include:
- A phased start to the new session with the first full-time courses beginning on 31 August. Each student will be contacted individually with details of their own course arrangements.
- College induction sessions will take place online from 21 to 28 August. This will be a great opportunity for students to learn more about their course and their college and meet members of the College Team as well as fellow students. Each student will be contacted individually and details will also be posted on our website
- A blended approach to learning and teaching, with courses, delivered online for the majority of students. Digital learning will be supported through the distribution of devices and 4G internet provision where required.
- Access to College campuses will be restricted to students in priority groups, including those in practical subject areas, on a limited basis.
- Where access to buildings is permitted, social distancing guidance will be provided and protective measures put in place. This will reduce capacity in all areas and require the introduction of one-way routes and other measures.
A number of other considerations are being taken into account as part of comprehensive plans being developed for the new academic year.
Further details will be shared with students, staff and stakeholders as they are finalised. Frequently Asked Questions in relation to the new academic year are available on the link below.
Applications for the 2020/21 academic year remain open, so if you are thinking about coming to College, we would be delighted to hear from you. Further information on course options and online applications can be found below.
Guidance for students and applicants is available by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch - we are here to help you.