Foundation Apprenticeships are delivered in specialist learning environments.
In the second year of the course, Foundation Apprentices gain hands-on experience with an employer to learn valuable employment skills and behaviours.
Upon successful completion of a Foundation Apprenticeship, a range of progression routes are available including an accelerated entry to a Modern Apprenticeship programme or to employment.
Key benefits of Foundation Apprenticeships:
· Industry led: Foundation Apprenticeships are specifically designed with employer input, from the planning and design stage through to the delivery of the qualification.
· Tailored to the business: Foundation Apprentices work on real projects within a business.
· Developing the young workforce: Foundation Apprenticeships support the skills local industry needs.
What’s in it for the employer?
- Fill skills gaps and recruit and retain specialist skills
- Reduce recruitment costs
- Spot talent early by working with local young people before they leave school
- Increased motivation within your team from working with young people
- Support with succession planning
- Gain new skills and fresh thinking ad help you engage with new technologies from a new generation of talent
- Fast-track young people's development: If you choose to recruit a young person who has completed an FA with you, they arrive with an established working knowledge of your business
How can employers help?
You can help support pupils to gain industry-recognised qualifications and experience in a number of ways.
- Site Visits: You could offer pupils a tour of your business either in person or virtually.
- Talks and Workshops: Visit pupils at one of our campuses to give them an insight into your company and the type of roles available within your sector or run a virtual workshop for them.
- Work Placements: Give a pupil the opportunity to gain work experience within your business. One of our colleagues will work with you and the young person to ensure it is rewarding for everyone involved.
- Virtual Work Placements: Set a work-based challenge for a class or individual, giving them a brief and attending meetings with them.