Foundation Apprenticeships (FA's) will be delivered in specialist learning environments.
In the second year of the course you will also gain hands-on experience with an employer to learn valuable employment skills and behaviours.
Upon successful completion of a Foundation Apprenticeship, a range of progression routes are available including an accelerated entry to a Modern Apprenticeship programme or to employment.
Key features employers like are that FAs are:
· Industry led: Foundation Apprenticeships are specifically designed with employer input from planning and design stage and in the delivery of the qualification
· Tailored to the business: Foundation Apprentices work on real projects within a business
· Developing the young workforce: support the skills local Fife industry needs in our community
FAs also benefit the employer with:
· Increased motivation of their current staff by working with young people
· Reduced recruitment costs by accessing a brand new talent pipeline of skills for their business
· Retained skills in their business by enabling succession planning for an ageing workforce
· Gaining new skills and fresh thinking by accessing a new generation of fresh talent
· Spotting talent early by working with young people before they leave school
· Fast-tracking their development. Young people get to know the business, so if the business chooses to recruit, they can come in with a useful working knowledge
· Apprentices being more productive quicker: Foundation Apprentices who become Modern Apprentices will be more productive more quickly
Online applications open early 2022!
In particular, employers support and value Foundation Apprenticeships to help them:
· Fill skills gaps
· Better recruit and retain specialist skills
· Better engage in new technologies such as social media
· Reduce recruitment costs
· Engage with local talented pupils within Fife
· Support succession planning in response to an ageing workforce