Our well-resourced libraries, with dedicated study spaces, are the perfect place to find out what you need for your research or simply to find a quiet place to write up a report, read a textbook, or use a computer.
Our libraries aim to help and support you during your studies at Fife College. Our skilled staff can help you identify the resources you need, both from existing stock and online sources.
We have a wide range of services to support all aspects of the College curriculum.
Not all services are available at all campuses. Ask staff for further details.
- Books, both lending and reference, all listed on our online catalogue on iLearn
- eBooks accessible in College and from home
- Journals and newspapers; a range of print copies together with online access through Academic Search Elite and Emerald online journal services
- Drop-in PCs and laptops for research and study
- Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities
- A range of online resources, guides, and leaflets are all available on the Library page of iLearn, accessible in college and from home
- Laminating and binding, as well as a range of stationery including art sketchbooks are for sale
- Access to a range of study spaces, including bookable group study rooms
- Wifi access for laptops and mobile devices
Tel: 01383 845 127
Monday and Wednesday: 0840 to 1650
Tuesday and Thursday: 0840 to 2100
Friday: 0840 to 1600
Tel: 01383 559 168
Monday to Thursday: 0900 to 16:30
(Closed for lunch 1245 to 1315)
Friday: 0900 to 1200
St Brycedale Campus
Tel: 01592 223 410
Monday: 0840 to 2100
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 0840 to 2100
Friday: 0840 to 1600
Saturday 0900 to 1200
Tel: 01592 223 038
Monday to Thursday: 0840 to 1650
Friday: 0840 to 1600
Renew and reserve
Log into your Library account online to:
- check what items you have on loan and the dates they are due back
- renew items you have on loan*
- reserve items on the catalogue you wish to borrow
If your items are overdue please contact Library staff as you cannot renew items online once they become overdue.
How do I log in to my library account?
Use the login box at the side of the Library Catalogue.
Login using your College network login and password.
Question? Chances are someone has already asked it!
Check out our FAQs
Fife College students and staff are welcome to use any of our campus libraries. Your Library account is automatically created after you enrol for your course. Your student card is also your Library card and is all you need to borrow resources or use the PCs. For staff wishing to join registration forms are available on request from Library Staff.
You can search our online library catalogue. All our resources in stock are listed on this catalogue.
Details of how to access our campus library catalogues can be found on our Search the Catalogue page. If you can’t find anything, please ask the staff who will be happy to help.
Fife College students can borrow up to six items and staff can borrow up to ten items at any one time.
Most items can be borrowed for 28 days. Some high demand titles and multimedia items e.g DVDs are available on seven day loans. Always check the date stamped on the label inside the item borrowed for the return date. Overdue fines are charged for resources not renewed or returned by the date stamped.
You can renew an item you have on loan as long as it is not overdue or has no outstanding reservations (no one else is waiting for it). There are a number of ways you can do this:
• In person at any campus library with your student card
• By telephoning and quoting your student number
• Online by logging into your Library account
There are overdue fines for items not renewed or returned by the date given.
Yes, PCs can be booked by students and staff for study and research use. Booking a PC in advance will ensure you a place at busy times.
Yes, wireless access is available at our campus libraries. Ask a member of staff for details on how to access this.
Yes we can reset your password for you, please ask any member of library staff. You will need to have your ID card with you.