This Unit is designed to develop basic massage and treatment planning skills to provide individual sports massage treatment plans. It is intended for
candidates who require a greater understanding and knowledge of massage techniques in order to provide treatment for sports clients.
Further aims of the course are:
- To develop existing massage skills
- To enhance current knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- To apply specific sports massage techniques to meet the needs of sports clients
What You Study
This course will cover deep tissue massage stokes and a variety of soft tissue techniques designed to enhance sports performance.
On completion of the Unit the candidate should be able to:
- Consult with client to devise sports massage treatment plans
- Perform sports massage for maintenance, pre, post and inter competition on a client
- Perform sports massage techniques on a client
- Apply, evaluate and modify sports massage treatment plans
(Please note candidates will be expected to supply suitable clients for assessment purposes).
Duration and Attendance
- 32 weeks evening class (Tuesdays). September to May
- 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- SQCF Level 3 Complementary Therapy (including level 3 Anatomy)
- HNC Beauty Therapy (including HN anatomy unit)
- An equivalent suitable full body massage and anatomy and physiology qualification
Working with individual athletes, sports teams, providing massage at sports events, working in gymnasiums.
Price - £200.
For information on how to apply for funding for your course fees to be paid, funding options and other financial support available, please visit our Financing Your Studies page in our Student Information section.
While we make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of course information, this is
subject to change, as part of our continuous improvement process.
*Start and End dates refer to the week commencing date and the actual date could be any date within that week.