This amazing course lets you develop your artistic skills and grow your confidence in a wide range of activities and topics. Learn about influential artists and expand your knowledge and awareness in the fantastic world of art. It is expected that on completion of this course you will want to continue your studies and join our HNC/D Art & Design course.
- Analytical drawing, life drawing, painting.
- Mixed media.
- Sketchbook, Digital Art.
- Design project, fashion, interior, product, furniture, jewellery, and textiles.
- Personal development Working with Others Core Skill is included in this course.
- One year full-time.
- Analytical drawing, life drawing, painting
- Digital Art
- Mixed media
- Personal development
One of the following:
- Three National 5s including English and Art
- Intermediate Certificate: Art and Design
- Another appropriate creative course at SCQF Level 5
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Entry to course will also be subject to a portfolio interview which should demonstrate a clear understanding of the creative process and the potential for progression into Higher Education
- HNC: Art and Design SCQF Level 7
- HND: Art and Design SCQF Level 8
- Any other creative industries course i.e. Jewellery/Fashion/Furniture/Interior
- Can progress onto art school/university from Level 6
Artist, Designer, Teacher/Lecturer (following further study)
- You may wish to purchase additional art materials for your course, your lecturers can advise accordingly.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
- Production of an art portfolio.