This course offers you an opportunity to learn about the health and social care professions and the career paths are available in these areas. It allows you to begin your studies at SCQF Level 6 on a generic programme working towards Highers in care and psychology.
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Application of Statutory Codes of Practice
All within specific subjects related to health and social care such as dementia, mental health and anatomy and physiology.
- One year full-time
- Higher Care
- Care: values and principles
- Care: human development and behaviour
- Care: social influences
- Psychology Higher or units
- Individual behaviour
- Group behaviour
- Research Methods
- Biology or anatomy and physiology
- The Core Skills of ICT, and numeracy will be developed and certificated on this course
One of the following:
- Four National 5s at Grade A or B, including English
- Intermediate Certificate: Health and Social Care.
- Relevant industrial experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- HNC: Additional Support Needs: Supporting the Individual SCQF Level 7
- HNC: Social Services SCQF Level 7
- HNC: Care and Administrative Practice SCQF Level 7
- HNC: Childhood Practice SCQF Level 7
- HNC: Social Sciences SCQF Level 7
Careers in health and social care settings.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
- Personal statement.