Hazardous substances are found in nearly all work environments, including factories, shops, farms, and offices. Using chemicals or other hazardous substances at work can put people's health at risk so the law requires employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill health. This course enables candidates to work and handle hazardous substances safely.
- This course has a theoretical content and is delivered in a lecture room environment
- The course takes half a day to complete depending on your existing ability and understanding
- Delivered at Rosyth Campus
Qualification: Internal Certification
The following areas are covered:
- Hazards and risks
- Reducing the risk
- Health surveillance
- There is no requirement to provide evidence of qualification or skills
- This course is suitable for those whose workplace activities involve the use, storage or handling of hazardous substances or chemicals. It is also ideal for those responsible for managing the use of hazardous substances
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.