This nationally recognised course has been designed to provide all the knowledge and understanding necessary for a career in construction management.
- Understanding industry processes.
- Two years part-time - two evenings a week at the Dunfermline campus.
This is a mainly theory-based course which includes important knowledge and skills for successful employment. These are studied in the context of both practical and theoretical classes, including the following:
- Building Services in Large Buildings
- Construction Materials & Specification
- Construction Site Surveying
- Construction Technology - Substructure
- Construction Technology - Industrial & Commercial Superstructure
- Site Administration
- Construction Contracts: Conditions and Procedures
- Health & Safety
- CAD: 2D I
- Construction Technology: Domestic Construction
- Quality in Construction
- Construction Management Graded Unit
One of the following:
- One Higher at Grade C or above plus three National 5s at Grade C or above which must include Maths.
- Foundation Apprenticeship: Civil Engineering SCQF Level 6.
- National Certificate: Built Environment SCQF Level 6.
- Another relevant course at SCQF Level 6.
- Successful completion of the School-College Partnership course Pre-MA/Pathway to HE in Built Environment (Fife schools only).
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis with an employer reference to support application.
- HND Construction Management at another College.
- Clerk of Works
- Building Control
- Quality Control
General stationery including:
- Scaled Ruler, rubber & sharpener
- Sketch Pad - approx. £5
- Mechanical Pencil - approx. £3
- Coloured Pencils
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
- Proof of qualifications must be brought to this, as well as suitable portfolios of work/thematic presentation to evidence your suitability against course content.