This course is specifically designed for you if you already have a knowledge of counselling. It provides you with the skills, theoretical knowledge, and personal development required to use counselling skills with people in a range of settings.
This is a very demanding course and you will need to assess realistically your ability to cope with these demands. If you are accepted on this course you will receive the full support of tutors, and access to personal counselling services can be arranged.
Please note that we are currently reviewing our counselling courses as part of our continuous improvement policy. We are still welcoming applications at this point and will ensure any updates are communicated.
- One year full-time
- Two years part-time
- Relationship centred counselling 1-3. This will enable you to develop skills to an advanced level using the Egan 3: Stage Model
- Counselling theories. You will look in detail at the historical development of the different counselling approaches and their application
- Personal development in a counselling skills setting and further development of self-awareness and personal growth
- Loss and grief in a counselling setting
- Counselling supervision
One of the following:
- An Introduction to Counselling Skills SCQF Level 6 or equivalent
- Participation in voluntary/paid work experience in a counselling setting
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Progression to diploma level
- HND: Counselling SCQF Level 8 (BACP Approved)
- A variety of careers that require counselling skills