This is year 2 of HND: 3D Interior Design, specialising in interior design. It is about designing spaces and places for people, creating interior schemes and solving problems through innovative concepts to improve the world around us. It enables you to develop higher creative, analytical and technical skills for jobs in the interior design profession or to build a portfolio for gaining access to university.
- Hand skills
- Visual perception
- Problem solving
- Two years full-time, year 1 of which is HNC: 3D Interior Design.
- 3D design
- Model making
- Interior design
- Building regulations
- Interior design lighting
- Digital design and modelling
Direct entry into year 2 (HND) requires the full, successful completion of the related HNC with 15 SQA credits.
For applicants who do not currently have the full 15 SQA credits, please contact us at email@example.com for further support on the options available to you to be accepted onto this HND course.
- Entire degree delivered at Fife College.
- BA (Hons): Creative Enterprise.
It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information.
- This course may lead to a variety of careers in interior design and architectural practices, space planning consultancies, property developments, shop and office fitting, or museum and exhibition design.
- You should expect to invest in a range of design tools and instruments to compile a portfolio for the duration of studies.
- Usual items include, portfolio folders, range of pens and craft instruments with a collective cost of approximately £30 – £50.
- Specific equipment relating to the diverse range of subjects will be advised by teaching staff.
- You will be advised to bring a portfolio to your informal discussion.