This is year 2 of HND: 3D Interior Design, specialising in interior design. It is about designing spaces and places for people, creating interior schemes, and solving problems to improve the world around us. It enables you to develop creative, analytical, and technical skills for jobs in the interior design profession.
- 3D design
- Model making
- Interior design
- Building regulations
- Interior design lighting
- Digital design and modelling
- Two years full-time, year 1 of which is HNC: 3D Interior Design
- A minimum of 12 credits from the HNC: 3D Interior Design framework for entry to year 2, including the HNC mandatory units
- Those with qualifications of an equivalent nature could be given opportunities in APL (Accreditation of Prior Learning) or accelerated assessment to enter year 2 of the HND
- External applicants will also require an appropriate portfolio of artwork in addition
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- BA Visual Communication and Digital Publishing
- BA (Hons) Interior Design offered through universities
This course may lead to a variety of careers in interior design and architectural practices, space planning consultancies, property developments, shop and office fitting, or museum and exhibition design.
- You should expect to invest in a range of design tools and instruments to compile a portfolio for the duration of studies
- Usual items include, portfolio folders, range of pens and craft instruments with a collective cost of approximately £30 – £50
- Specific equipment relating to the diverse range of subjects will be advised by teaching staff
- You will be advised to bring a portfolio to interview