This excellent course allows routes into a range of science degree courses and employment in the science industry. Students with HNC: Applied Sciences (with Biology) can articulate to year 2 of this HND course.
You will gain a thorough understanding of the principles of science combined with practical laboratory work and a laboratory-based project, which are essential for graduates entering employment.
At the end of this HND course, providing you meet the articulation requirements, you could progress directly into year 3 of a specific BSc (Hons) degree courses at any of the following partner Universities -
- Abertay University
- The University of Aberdeen
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Heriot-Watt University
- Queen Margaret University
- University of the West of Scotland
Please see our website for more information about studying for a degree at Fife College.
Alternatively, you could progress directly into employment with a highly valued HND qualification.
The course is open to both school leavers and those looking to change or further their careers.
Did you know......?
- An HNC is the same SCQF level as the first year of a university degree, and an HND is the same SCQF level as the second year. This means that you could progress straight to second or third year at university when you have completed your college course.
- Studying at college means that you can get a recognised qualification after each year of study, with the option then to either keep studying and still get a degree in four years or move into employment and return to study at a later date with some valuable qualifications already in the bag!
- Completing the first 2 years of your degree locally in Fife means that you can keep living, study and travel costs to a minimum and studying near home helps you manage your personal and family commitments while you study.
- One year full-time (after successful completion of HNC: Applied Sciences)
- Two years part-time (day release)
- Microbiological techniques
- DNA Molecular techniques
- Immunological techniques
- Human body structure and function
- Human metabolism
- Cellular signalling
- Biomedical investigations
- Mathematics for Science
- Graded Unit 2
- Biomedical Pathology
- HNC: Applied Sciences (with Biology) SCQF Level 7 group award
- Successful completion may allow progression on to years 2 or 3 of various science degrees at universities
- Fife College has defined articulation routes in place for this course
- Research and industrial laboratories
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise