This is a distance introductory course to Biology, that allows you to progress to the Higher Human Biology course at Fife College. On this program you will be given access to online lessons and resources. You will also have access to tutor support. At the end of the program you will need to attend Fife College for an assessment. The assessment is 45 mins in total. On successful completion of the course, you will be able to enrol on the Higher Human Biology course at Fife College.
- Skills gained from this course include critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Working with others and Information & communication technology
- These will all help you in your advancement to the Higher Human Biology course
- This part-time course will take place over 9 weeks. The course is online distance for 3hrs per week. This time will be a mixture of self directed learning and tutor support. You will need to attend one of the Fife College campuses at the end of the course to undertake a 45 minute written assessment.
- On achievement of this assessment you will be eligible to enrol on the the part-time Higher Human Biology evening course or part-time Higher Human Biology distance course.
- In this course you will learn about the structure and function of living cells.
- Understand biochemical processes such as enzyme activity, respiration and photosynthesis.
- Be able to describe the structure and function of human systems such as the digestive and cardiovascular systems. Describe the evolution of life.
- Learners are required to have National 4 Biology or an equivalent qualification.
- This course will allow students to progress to the Higher Human Biology Course at Fife College.
- Career in a science related field.