This course provides you with the knowledge of the different types of asbestos and its usage, the associated risks, risk reduction strategies, legislation, and how to manage it.
- The course is half a day's duration depending on your existing ability and understanding
- This course has a theoretical content and is delivered in a lecture room environment
- Delivered at Rosyth Campus, or on customer premises where appropriate
Qualification: College Certification
The word “asbestos” immediately triggers alarms in people's minds but it is in use in many situations. This course is a must for maintenance personnel who work on buildings built before 1999 and may come into contact with asbestos.
The course covers the following:
- The employers and employees legal responsibilities
- History of asbestos and its uses
- Types of asbestos and their associated risks
- The effects of asbestos on workers’ health
- How to avoid the risk of exposure
- Procedures to deal with accidental exposure
- There is no requirement to provide evidence of prior knowledge, qualifications or skills
- Progression to more advanced level qualifications for managers working in property, estates, engineering, and other environments