This course provides training in Manual Milling Machine Operation and producing milled (flat) components and is delivered by our Engineering professionals who are well-known throughout Fife for their expertise and quality.
- Three hours per week over six weeks
- Friday morning 9am-12noon
- Friday afternoon 1-4pm
- Health and safety in machine shop
- Machine shop induction
- General layout of the machine
- Parts of vertical milling machine
- Machining principles
- Various operation procedures
- Speed and feed calculations
- Discussing methods for milling different materials
- Establishing a datum
- Gripping methods etc.
- Face milling
- Milling contour
- Slot drills
- End mills
- Counterbore and countersink
- Milling slots
- There is a basic Maths requirement
- The course is designed for people who wish to move into the engineering sector or for people who are already working in industry and would like to learn how to do basic manual milling
Applications are currently suspended for this course.